Spinach, Pear and Pancetta Salad
(paired with Saint Laurent Estate Winery’s ’09 Riesling)
- 1 cup pancetta
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 3 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 10-ounce packages ready-to-use spinach leaves
- 2 Bosc pears, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 head radicchio, separated into leaves
Sauté pancetta in nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Pour drippings from skillet into bowl. Add shallots, vinegar, mustard and thyme; whisk to blend. Add oil; whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine spinach, pears, red onion and pancetta in large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Surround salad with radicchio leaves and serve.
Courtesy of Saint Laurent Estate Winery
There are no comments yet, add one below.