Things I’ve learned about the first week of college, from being a student and an instructor.
1) The parking lot is fullest this week. Don’t worry about getting into a parking habit until
three weeks in.
2) Students usually sit in the same seat…unless they want to fool the teacher into never calling on them.
3) When you buy books online, match the exact IBSN or you never know what you’ll get.
4) Printing before class is a nightmare.
5) Dogs don’t eat homework anymore…it’s the computers that like to snack on assignments now.
6) If you want to add the class, you gotta be at the class when the instructor is there.
7) It takes more than one week to learn your students’ names, but less than that to figure out who will do the most talking in the class.
8) You can start counting down the weeks left of the quarter after you finish the first week.