On behalf of more than 600 members of the Wenatchee Valley Chamber of Commerce, the Advocacy Committee advances issues of vital importance to the business community and our Valley. We are a proponent for wise investment and sustainable policies that foster economic growth, enhance our regions competitiveness in all markets, global and local alike, and upholds our Valley’s quality of life.
The Advocacy Committee (Committee) is appointed by the WVCC Board and is responsible for:
- Annually establishing WVCC’s Public Policy and Guiding Principles by:
o Reviewing issues of importance to the business community and our Valley
o Identifying and setting priorities,
o Reviewing and gaining approval from WVCC’s Board of Directors
o Annually reviewing outcomes and incorporating key learnings in updated WVCC Public Policy and Guiding Principles
- The WVCC Public Policy must uphold the organization’s mission and vision and reflect WVCC core values. It will serve as
WVCC’s guide in establishing priorities and in communications with elected officials and influencers in the community.
- Leading education efforts on issues and concerns that have an impact on the WVCC membership and the community
- Serving as the host for the Coffee and Commerce events prior to the Washington Legislative Session and the Legislative
Wrap-Up, subsequent the session. Both provide an opportunity for business leaders to communicate with legislators on key
business and community issues.
- Providing guidance to WVCC’s Community Lobbyists (if continued)
2023 - 2024 Committee Members
These principles guide our policies and decisions when faced with issues within their topic: